Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Ehud Olmert

While israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert feels a peace agreement will be in place by Monday, it's going to take some time before complete troop withdrawl from the region is seen. The fighting has been going on for over a month now and over 1,000 lives have been lost. Olmert is a notable hawk, “Disengagement is a response to certain demographic realities, ... Within a few years, due to the higher Arab birth rate, Jews will become a minority in the area between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea. I don't want [Israel] to be South Africa because we don't believe in apartheid. We simply have to separate from the Palestinians so that we can control our own destinies.”.

But what if he were normal?

"Barry Plunker and I were sitting around sipping yerbamati the other day. We got to thinking, 'wouldn't it be rad if Rainbow Gatherings were held in areas of conflict?' Imagine all the vibes coming off the hacky-sacking and drumming. We could fly hippie youth in from around the world and just OM our way to peace. This weapons bit sucks. Let's embrace spirituality and realize we're all one blood. You know, those Arab hookahs were probably intended to keep the peace. I'll give Hassan a call right now, I think he's ready to drop the religious b.s. too and start singing some John Lennon with me. I hear he plays a wicked lead mandolin and hey, I'm kinda rusty but I used to play a mean recorder. Like, all I am saying is give peace a chance".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home